Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 9 - Outside visit

We were able to visit our girl at the school yesterday, but today the school was closed.  We still went to visit, but we are not allowed in her dorm so we had to spend the time outside.  Olga showed us a little bit of her town, but it was so raw with the wind today that she didn't want to go too far.  Still a great visit just because we got to see her.  Tomorrow the school will be open so we can stay indoors if the weather is bad again.  The snow is all gone because it warmed up enough for the precipitation to be rain.  It washed all the snow away and made a muddy, slushy mess out of everything.  Let's just say they don't exactly have streets or sidewalks that are graded to allow runoff. 

Tomorrow our facilitator should be able to get the very last signature he needs on our court papers to submit to the SDA in Kyiv.  If that happens then we will be submitted on Wednesday.  Hopefully it won't be too long after that before we are assigned a court date.

When we are not visiting our girl we are usually with our friends, Kelly & Scott.  I cannot use words to explain how wonderful it has been to have them here with us.  Their son is at the same orphanage as Olga so we have been able to share rides and have the same facilitator.  We have dinner together every night as well so we are always in good company.  It has been a true blessing to share this experience with them!

My air card ran out of minutes and we are trying to get WiFi set up in the apartment, but something isn't working right.  Hopefully between Jeff and our facilitator they can get it figured out so we don't have to spend more money on the air card.  Right now I am using Jeff's computer.  I miss my Mac.  :(

Here are a few photos from today. 

We ducked into the coffee shop to warm up.

Daddy & Olga




Mommy and Olga.  I had to stand on a curb so I would be taller than her for once!

4 comments:

  1. So glad things are moving forward for you. I'm sure Rhys and Maddox are missing you guys and I'm sure you are missing them as well. Hopefully things will continue to go smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to think Rhys and Maddox are missing us, but I think they are having too much fun. I think it will hit them sometime this week that we have been gone quite a while. They are used to Jeff traveling for work, but they are not used to me being gone at all. Grandmom and friends are taking great care of them! I do miss the little buggers, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! Love the one of you being taller! :) LOL! We called S again on Sunday ... Brian updated the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the blog update. So glad you are getting in touch w/her. NHFC was here today and we saw the crew. Saw Snezhana for a minute within the group of kids & adults. She looks good.

    ReplyDelete