Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 28

I have been meaning to write about this since Tuesday's competition.  There is a teacher at the school (I have *no* idea what he teaches!) who looks as young as some of the kids here.  Very tall, very skinny and has a ...unique fashion sense.  I should mention to those of you who haven't made this journey that everyone here wears the same clothes every day.  And then I guess they wash them over the weekend and start the cycle over.  The teacher I am referencing now for four weeks has worn a pair of acid washed jeans, black shirt and a little red bandana tied around his neck similar to what a boy scout might wear.  On the day of the competition he was wearing athletic pants and a t-shirt with writing in english.  The shirt read:  "Remember My Name"  And then in small print underneath that: "You'll Be Screaming It Later".  I don't know, maybe it's a reference to sports, but it didn't look like Nike licensed apparel to me.  :)

The fabulous Miss A is doing well.  She is getting very excited for Tuesday to come.  She would like a time that I will be coming to get her, but I have absolutely no idea!  It all just depends on how long it takes us to get her birth certificate.  It was really good to hear the excitement in her voice.  She has given me instructions on which outfit to bring to her to wear out of the school.  It seems like she is ready to go.  We just have Saturday and Sunday to visit,  Monday to get the court decree and Tuesday to get the BC.  Is this really happening?  :)

On Saturdays the kids clean their classrooms after their classes are over.  Yes, they attend school six days a week.  Alex happily announced that tomorrow would be the last day she would ever have to clean her classroom again.  I think she is more excited about that than not having to sleep in a freezing cold room ever again!

My partner is crime, Kelly, returns on Sunday.  For some reason she can't pick up her court decree until Tuesday, even though her 10 day wait is over on Sunday.  Hopefully she will be able to pick up the court decree, make the one hour drive to her son's birth city to get his BC and then make the hour drive back to the school to get him.  If she runs out of time on Tuesday then she will have to wait until Wednesday to pick her son up.  I am really hoping that we can do everything from this point forward together so we can travel back to Atlanta at the same time.

I am really looking forward to posting when I have the court decree and BC in my hot little hands.  Only a few more days.  Until then, you will have to make do with my aimless ramblings!

S~

 



 



  

5 comments:

  1. Sadly, I think said teacher's gym shirt was a reference to sex not sports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed talking to you today- I am going crazy trying to get everything ready to go. I am getting excited to get both of them!! I will see ya Sunday- last "Sunday" for both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what the shirt was referencing, and you know what the shirt was referencing. Unfortunately, I don't think the teacher could even read the shirt, much less know what it was in reference to. Or at least, I hope he didn't!

    Kelly~ Yep...last "Sunday". The most dreaded day of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got the court decree and birth certificate on the same day ... and we would have had the passport too if they didn't require him to turn in his old one and if that hadn't been locked in the safe at school with no one to access it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is Sergei's day for Tuesday: Get Alex' BC, get Maksim's CD & BC, court appearance for Brownlow/Walls. I'm thinking passports are going to have to wait a day. I believe he is getting someone else to fill in as the translator for the B/W family, but with the other running for Kelly & I it will be a tight day. How far did you have to go for D's BC?

    ReplyDelete