Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 19 - T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!

As I mentioned previously, the Fabulous Miss A has one foot out the door.  I'm actually beginning to think she has both feet out the door with her nose pressed against the window singing Nanny-Nanny-Boo-Boo to everyone passing by.  She is finding a way to get into trouble each day.  Sometimes it's for her cell phone, sometimes her MP3 player, sometime she's just being sassy and (dare I say it?) mouthing off to teachers.  Not everyone at her school is very happy about this adoption, specifically a few of her teachers.  I keep trying to tell her she has almost two weeks left and that she is only making it more difficult on herself but I don't think it's really sinking in.  I hope that she doesn't push it so far that she loses visitation rights until I can take custody.  The director of the school has been amazingly wonderful to us and I don't want to jeopardize that relationship.  I just need A to hold on and not cause too much trouble for 13 more days!

Jeff is packing to leave in the morning.  Tonight we will have dinner with the Merritts, Brownlows and Sergei the Incredible Facilitator.  The Merritts have court on Thursday and begin their trip back to Atlanta on Friday.  Good stuff!

S~

6 comments:

  1. Uh oh!! That's teen girls for ya! Maybe Sergie can translate for you that she can lose the right to have you visit her during the waiting period ... and then you would just have to stay in Lugansk by yourself and that would be no fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Sergei leaves tomorrow after the Merritts court appearance so I will see if he can squeeze that in before he goes. Honestly, she completely understands what I am saying, she just doesn't think the director would do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry she is being so tough on this waiting time. Sergei is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has to suck it up but can you blame her? The excitement has got to be overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dinner was great-- We will miss Jeff!!! See ya next Sunday and we will finish this journey together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex will be fine. It might be a learning lesson for her, but she will survive!

    Kelly~ I have loved the last few weeks! Jeff will really miss it!

    ReplyDelete