Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 24

Hope you are ready for a boring post, because there is nothing new to report!

Well, Alex did have her "upper class" (grades 7, 8 & 9) competitions today.  They can kind of be compared to the Field Days I had when I was in Elementary school, except completely different  :).  Everything was very athletic and physical, but it wasn't a track & field event.  Some of the events included tumbling, pyramid building, chin-ups, pommel horse, parallel bars, balance beam and the finale was a crazy, awesome obstacle course.   These kids worked hard and put on a great show.  Of course it was all inside their tiny little gym, but it is amazing what they can do in there.  I got to sit in on the entire competition along with Julie & Keith, the other couple that is here adopting.  I think the director of the school even commented that there were "Americans" in the audience.  Alex was disappointed in the outcome as her class didn't do great, but hopefully she had a good time anyway.

And in other news, I had Laughing Cow cheese and Melba toast-esque crackers for dinner, I sound like I've been smoking for 87 years because of my cold, apparently "Hustler" is one of the channels in my cable TV package (I really wasn't prepared for that realization-I was hoping to find an HGTV-ish show) and oh, yeah...I get my girl in eight itty-bitty days.  :)  I chose to focus on springing Alex from lockup.









 

4 comments:

  1. I thought she said something about us (Americans) being there too. I think we were actually recognized for being there! How cool. I think Lubov isn't so bad after all... :)
    On another note, we had the pancake/burritos for a second night in a row... maybe we should go out to eat tomorrow night, you game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a like button on your blog?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great "seeing" you today. Hang in there- can't wait to get them out of there!! I will be rejoining you on Sunday- let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie~ Dinner sounds good. Let's touch base today.

    Melissa~ It's scary what pops into my head when I have nothing important to really say.

    Kelly~ It was great seeing you, too! If you could bring my Tempurpedic mattress I would be so grateful. :)

    ReplyDelete