Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 17 - Court Tomorrow

So we have court tomorrow!  Tomorrow is the day that our girl becomes our girl *legally*!  She is so funny.  In school the teachers call the students by their last names first and first names last.  She said when her teacher calls on her tomorrow she will say, "Who is this person?  I do not know that name!".  Hopefully she remembers that she will still have two weeks at school before we can take custody.  She definitely has one foot out the door and has perhaps become a smidgen sassy with her teachers.

We brought her a cute little stuffed Valentine's bear and some chocolate candy today.  Or, as she likes to call it, candies of chocolate.  We also brought her BFF, Violetta, a stuffed bear and candy.  Those two girls are crazy silly together and I know they will miss each other very much when Olga comes home.  Olga named her stuffed bear "Violetta".  

The first two weeks of our trip were relatively mild weather wise.  It is brutally cold now.  The sidewalks are completely iced over making walking a mental task.  There is no coming to a quick stop unless you actually slide into a wall.  The temperature is supposed to bottom out on Wednesday and then warm up enough for it to possibly snow over the upcoming weekend.  I can't actually complain too loudly, though, as this is the type of weather I was expecting for the entire trip.

Jeff is going home on Thursday.  Our friends, the Merritts, have their court on Thursday so they will both be returning home for their ten day wait on Friday.  Our translator is going home to see his wife and child for a week or so as well, so I am going to be on my own!  I'm sure I will be fine, though.  I have my favorite coffee shop, a few places to eat and two supermarkets within a five minute walk of my apartment.  I will still have a driver every day to take me to Lutugino to see my girl, as well.  I see me getting a lot of good use out of my Kindle for the next two weeks.  :)

Court is tomorrow at 2:00 local time, 7:00AM for my east coast friends.  If you are up and thinking about us, we are happily accepting prayers for successful court.

I need to learn to hand the camera to someone else so I get a few more photos of me with my girl!

Meet Violetta the Valentine Bear
 



  

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and you know darn well I'll be sending good thoughts your way at 7am! Happy Hearts Day to your entire crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girl! Can't wait to update the blog tomorrow after court!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can call me on skype anytime ... I am off work for another 2 weeks! Enjoy your time alone since it will be all filled up with your family again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Melissa! I think I will enjoy the down time. I know that once I am able to get my girl we will be going non-stop for quite a while. Enjoy your last two weeks of FMLA and hopefully we can Skype soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day! Praying court goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, McEacherns! Hope all is going well with you.

    ReplyDelete