Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Physicals, Part 1

Jeff and I had our physicals today for the Home Study and dossier.  There were a few snags with the actual paperwork, but in the end we got it worked out.  We both got Tetanus shots so I am really looking forward to that sore arm tomorrow!  And TB skin tests, too.  We will need to go back on Thursday to have the TB test read and have blood work done as well as the drug screening.  All of the test results and labs should be back at the end of next week so hopefully that part will be done.

It was an extremely frustrating day regarding the paperwork snags, which I won't rehash here.  But as frustrated and upset as I was, I am sitting here now and it is done and over with.  In the end, we got what we needed so I'm trying very hard to not hold onto the frustration I felt earlier today.  I will admit that it sometimes feels as though people are working against us!  I know that we are on the right path and that God is going to carry us through this.  Perhaps He is trying to teach me patience?  

I had to laugh yesterday when I got Jeff's certified birth certificate in the mail.  He thought he was born in Scottsdale, AZ, which is what we had put on all the paperwork.  His birth certificate says Phoenix.  Oops!  Our adoption agency is going to go through everything we have submitted so far to make corrections.  It isn't a big deal because we caught it now, but if the wrong birth city had made it onto the documentation for our dossier, that could have derailed everything.

It is almost 4:00 in the morning for Olga as I write this.  She will be getting up in the next couple of hours to get ready for her first day back at school.  I think about how she knows everyone she goes to school with and how when she gets here it will be all new.  As hopeful as I am that she will be so happy to know that we are adopting her, I also know how hard this is going to be for her.  She will be leaving behind everyone she has ever know and will most likely not ever see or talk to most of them again.  She will be leaving behind her native tongue and will have to learn English in a sink or swim fashion.  Her school now is very small.  I'm not even sure that she switches classrooms.  Here she will be going to a huge, brand new high school, will have to switch classes and for the first time in her life have homework.  In her orphanage and school she does not have access to a computer for recreational use.  Things are going to be so different for her here.  I hope she will be more excited about these challenges than scared.

Hopefully I will get to talk to her soon.  I should be able to call the orphanage in the next couple of weeks.  The interview team *should* be there tomorrow or Thursday barring any issues.  I can't wait to see the picture they take of her!

I am very thankful for all of the support we are receiving from friends, family and strangers alike!

Thanks!
S~

No comments:

Post a Comment