Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Little by Little~

I had been a little stressed out last night about all the child abuse clearances that I thought we had to get done for our home study.  A fellow adoption mom saw my post about it and let me know that for non-Hague countries you only need the states that you've lived in the last five years!  We've been in GA for 7 years now, so we are done with that part!  Yay!  Thank you so much, Melissa, for the heads up!

I feel like I got a lot accomplished today and for the first time in a week I can see my kitchen table!  We have our physicals scheduled for next week and I will be glad to have those out of the way.  Poor little Sushi the Cat goes to the vet tomorrow for his annual checkup.  (Yes, we even have to have vet records for the home study!)  We are waiting on our certified copies of our birth certificates, but those should be in soon.  All in all I can see everything starting to take shape.

The hosting organization (NHFC) left for Eastern Europe yesterday.  I'm not sure which country they are starting with, but I believe they will get to Olga's region late next week.  I am praying that the director of her orphanage will let them tell Olga that we are adopting her.  It's hard to believe that through all of this there is a chance she won't know we are adopting her when she gets here for the Christmas hosting!

I think tonight I might actually make it into bed before midnight!

S~

2 comments:

  1. I was so glad I saw your post and relieved you of mountains of paperwork! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are doing such a wonderful thing Susan - we have talked about adopting a few years down the road and I am so having my husband read all of this, so he can get a feel of what we are in store for. It is all worth it though - every moment of it, when you get her it will be nothing but a distant memory!

    ReplyDelete