Monday, August 23, 2010

Making some progress~

Another busy day today.  Jeff and I started the day off by visiting the local Sheriff's Office to have our fingerprints taken for the FBI.  They do electronic fingerprinting, which is pretty cool and I didn't have to get my fingers all inked up.  Next stop was the bank to pick up a money order for the FBI to do whatever they do to the fingerprint cards.  Then we were off to get several documents notarized for the agency.  I got the fingerprint cards sent off to Virginia, and the request for child abuse clearance in the mail to DFCS (Dept. of Families & Children). I didn't get the notarized docs sent off to the agency, but will do so tomorrow.  I also got the COGENT (I have NO idea what that stands for!) request completed and paid for. That request will get us an appointment to have our fingerprints taken *again* for the state level.

In the middle of all that I finally got to speak with our case worker who will be completing our Home Study.  Her name is Carla and we get to meet her next Monday at our first Home Study visit.  YAY!!!

I'm really wishing I hadn't moved so much in my 20's.  We need to have a child abuse clearance from every state we have lived in since we were 18.  Jeff and I are tied at 7 states each, but for good measure he just had to live in St. Thomas for a few years.  If I could at least find the information I need to get this done it wouldn't be so bad!  Hopefully our agency will be able to help us figure this one out.

Tomorrow will be another day of paperwork, phone calls, internet research and hopefully carving out a little time to get some housecleaning done.

S~

No comments:

Post a Comment