Monday, August 30, 2010

First Home Study Visit Complete!

Our first home visit seemed to go very well.  Our case worker's name is Carla, and she is someone that Jeff and I both feel comfortable with.  For some reason I had it in my head that she would have a list of questions to ask us and check them off as she went along.  It was a much more conversational interview than I was expecting.  She toured our home and said it had the perfect amount of space.  Carla has a 15 year old daughter and was quick to suggest that Olga would need a makeup vanity in her room or Rhys and Maddox would never get in there in time to brush their teeth in the mornings!   Our next visit with Carla is this Friday after Rhys and Maddox get home from school.

Olga should be getting back to her school today from "camp".  Her classes begin on Wednesday.  The interview team should be at her orphanage on Wednesday or Thursday.  I am praying that they tell her that we are in the process of adopting her!  I'm not sure when we will hear back from the interview team, but I believe they are in Eastern Europe for about a month.  We were able to send Olga a "goody bag" along with the interview team so she should receive it at the interview.  They said they would take a picture of her receiving her goody bag so hopefully we will get that soon! 

Thanks for all the support!

S~




No comments:

Post a Comment