Friday, August 20, 2010

Home Study Information

I've spent the better part of the day trying to plow through all the paperwork that is required for the Home Study.  I got about 1/4 of the way through my part of it!  I think Jeff just might cry when he sees everything he has to do, too!  The adoption agency wants to know pretty much everything about each one of us, including our childhoods.  This is typical that any adoption agency would want this rather than an exception.  I have written a biography and filled out a 19 question marriage survey.  The survey isn't a "check the box" kind of survey, but a narrative.  I still have to complete a "Definitions" survey and "Adoptive Parent" survey in addition to helping our biological kids complete their surveys.  I am not complaining (really, I'm not!).  I am more than happy to do it.  I just wish I were faster at it.    And of course besides all the narratives that need to be written there are the standard financial/misc. forms that need to be completed.  That part shouldn't be too hard.  I will be so relieved when we are through this part of it.

I know that getting through this first big step gets us that much closer to bringing Olga home.  So, on that note, off I go to fill out more forms!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment