Thursday, September 2, 2010

Physicals, Part 2

Jeff and I went back to our doctor today for additional blood work and to have our TB skin tests read.  Nothing quite like having no food or coffee in you and then having four vials of blood taken out.  Then it was off to the lab to have the drug screen done.  I can't lift my left arm above shoulder height because of the Tetanus shot.  Meanwhile, Jeff said his doesn't hurt at all.  Not that I want him to be in pain, but I would really like to NOT be in it!  All tests should be back this time next week and then we can send those on to our adoption agency.

The interview team made it to Olga's orphanage today, and I was able to see some pictures!  Today was Day 2 of school for Olga.  I hope it was a great one!  I know that she and others from her group put on a performance for the interview team that included singing and folk dancing.  I still have no idea if they told her about her adoption.

The second home study visit is tomorrow when our bio kids get home from school.  Praying that goes well and they have good days at school so that they aren't in a funk when they get home.  I know they will do great.

I haven't had to do paperwork in a few days now.  While I don't particularly miss the tediousness of it, I now realize that I at least felt like I was accomplishing something when I was doing it.  So now I am anxiously awaiting the next round of the great paper shuffle!

I will post again tomorrow after the home study visit.  Below is a picture the interview team took at the orphanage.

Adopting Olga @ Active Giving

S~
Olga has received the goody bag we sent!


No comments:

Post a Comment