Friday, September 3, 2010

2nd Home Study Visit

Our second home study visit was quite a bit longer than the first visit.  Our darling 6 year old was the social butterfly that she always is.  She talked Carla's ear off, showed off her Wonder Woman costume complete with jump rope magic lasso, told her all about Baby Boo Boo's extra special powers (she can do everything but fly, so she has to walk everywhere), gave her a piece of artwork from kindergarten and told her which cookies I made were the best.  Our shy 8 year old hid in his room.  Hopefully he will attempt to talk to her next time.

Carla asked us all about our lives from high school through now.  Jeff's story took about 45 minutes.  Mine took five.  I keep trying to tell myself I've led a simple life and not a boring one, but even I don't believe myself.  :-)  We have our final visit next Friday after the kids get home from school.

Next Tuesday Jeff and I will drop off our paperwork for the local police clearance ('cause, you know, the Federal and State clearances aren't quite enough).  We will get that back the next day.  All the medical results should be back on Thursday, then the home study on Friday.  After that we will just be waiting on our case worker to write up the home study report and for the criminal background/fingerprint checks to come back.  Then we should be able to wrap all that up in a nice little package and send it off to the United States Customs and Immigration Services office.  I have a feeling I am missing something in all of this, but hopefully someone will catch it and let me know!

I'm still walking on air from getting to see Olga's pictures yesterday.  I really, really, really wish I knew if they told her about the adoption or not!  I know...patience.  *sigh*

We are looking forward to the long weekend.  We plan to hit a free Christian concert near us on Saturday, church on Sunday and absolutely *nothing* else planned!!!  We hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day Weekend.

If you would like to make a tax deductible contribution to help us bring Olga home, please visit the link below:

Adopting Olga @ Active Giving

If you would like to make a contribution directly to us, please e-mail me directly at:

SusanPirkey@gmail.com

Thank you so much for your support!  We really do appreciate it.

S~

No comments:

Post a Comment