Monday, September 13, 2010

Contact Made!

After trying several times this morning to call Olga I was finally able to reach her.  Apparently I was calling during one of her meal times (they said lunch, but it was 2:00 in the afternoon there so I'm not sure).  We were only able to speak for a few minutes, but she seems to be doing well.  She is enjoying her English class that she is now taking, but I could tell that after being back in her country for six weeks she has lost a lot of the English she picked up while she was here this summer.  I had written Olga a letter about two weeks ago and mailed it, but I don't know that she has received it yet because she didn't seem to understand what I was talking about when I asked her about it.  We did not speak of her adoption as she was in a common area of the school and we are not allowed to discuss it without permission.  These rules might seem extreme, but they are in place to protect her and other kids at the orphanage.  She asked me to tell Daddy (he's in California today), Rhys, Maddox, the rest of the family and all her friends here in America that she misses them and loves them.  Even though it was a short conversation it was great to hear her voice.  It is approximately 13 weeks until the Christmas hosting program begins.  (Still holding out hope to get there before Christmas, but I need to assume we are hosting her.)  Cannot wait to see her again!

If you would like to help us with hosting expenses, please visit:

Christmas Hosting for Olga

or send donations directly to:

New Horizons for Children
3950 Cobb Pkwy, Suite 708
Acworth GA 30101

Please make sure you include a note indicating that the donation is to benefit the Pirkey family.

If you would like to help us with adoption costs please e-mail me for details at:

SusanPirkey@gmail.com

Thank you so much for your support!

S~

No comments:

Post a Comment