Friday, March 11, 2011

School Registration

I took Alex to school today to turn in paperwork to get her registered.  Everything looks good.  She has a doctor appointment on Monday to have her immunization records transferred to a State of GA form, and I still have to get her ear, eye & dental forms.  Other than that, she should be ready to go!  I plan to have her start school on Wednesday.  She is nervous.  Honestly, I'm a little nervous, too.  Always before she has been on vacation while in America.  School makes this whole adoption thing very, very real for her.  I know she's going to do great, but I also know it is going to be a *huge* adjustment.

Everything else is going well.  She misses her BFF, Violetta.  She has called her almost every day since we've been home.  Violetta misses her, too.  We went to the post office yesterday to send V a care package and then later in the day A received a letter from V.  I'm so glad I had our facilitator get the pre-stamped envelopes to give to V before we left Ukraine!

I can't believe we have been home for a week now.  In one way it feels like a lifetime ago that I was in Ukraine, and in another way I still feel like I am trying to get back into the loop of life at home.  My friend, Kelly, sent me a message about how she misses our cute little waitress at our favorite restaurant.  So funny, because I miss her, too, and I feel like I abandoned her by not telling her we wouldn't be back!  I know, weird.

5 comments:

  1. I remember those early days of first being home, doctors appointments, and school registration! :) Real life has now begun sister! I got S's new number if A wants to call her sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the kids have had some vaccinations here (in Ukraine?) I guess I just assumed Vladik wouldn't have had any... Is that in the info you get from the orphanage? On a whim and a prayer we will get Vladik out tomorrow, sadly it is looking more like it won't happen until Monday... I am both sad and excited to be leaving next Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We took a present of good-bye chocolates to the lady who worked the tiny restaurant where we ate lunch EVERY DAY in region, so no... not weird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa-I am sure a would love to call s if you want to send me her number.

    Julie-vladik should have quite a few of his vaccinations already. You will find out when he gets his medical.

    Marcie-thanks! It's always nice when someone understands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Susan...i would like to see pics of Alex here in the US. im sure you could post some up!

    ReplyDelete