Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gym Monster

Let's just say Alex *really* liked the gym.  We are going back tonight so she can take a class.  This morning she tried a few pieces of cardio equipment and a few pieces of strengthening equipment.  Then she saw a group of people taking a "Zumba" class and just about came out of her skin with excitement.  We checked out the schedule and there is a Hip Hop class tonight she wants to take.  Later this week there is a "Latin Fusion" class she wants to take.  I think my evenings just got a lot busier!

Last night our 8 year old son had his Hip Hop class at the dance studio.  I asked Alex if she wanted to come with me, or stay home and watch her 6 year old sister.  (Jeff was out of town)  She just looked at me with a surprised look on her face and couldn't believe she had a choice.  When she was here on the hosting program she always had to be with either Jeff or me.  She chose to stay home and watch her sister.  Then, to make things even sweeter, our 16 year old neighbor wanted Alex to come over for a little while.  So...Alex went over with her sister and then all three girls came back to our house while I was with R at his class.  I think A is enjoying her newfound freedom!

2 comments:

  1. I bet Alex was floored by your trust in her to watch your little one. Just wait until she finds out how much money she can make babysitting for families at church :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great Susan- I know you were looking for more classes for her to be able to take and they come with the membership--- always a plus!!

    ReplyDelete