Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 33 - Home by the weekend!

Passports are in hand!  Tonight is our last night in Lugans'k.  We catch a 7AM flight tomorrow for Kyiv.  Embassy appointments are in the morning, then we will do the medicals.  We can pick up visas on Friday and fly *home* on Saturday.  Can you believe it?  Kelly, Maksim, Alex and I should be able to travel together back to Atlanta which will make the long flight bearable.  It has been great having Kelly here!

Alex had her farewell party at school today and even the boys had tears they were trying to discreetly wipe away.  I will post some photos of the party as soon as I can.  Our facilitator ran to the post office for me to pick up prepaid envelopes for the kids to use to write to Alex.  I hope they use them.  Alex keeps expressing her disbelief that this has actually happened.

I haven't even begun to pack yet...not looking forward to it.  Especially because we will be in Kyiv for two nights.  I really don't like "living" out of a suitcase.  As I have a few minutes before the evening gets started here I guess I should go ahead and get a few things packed.

:)
S~

 

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Did you find in-country flights to be safe and affordable? We've always done the train, but someone recently pointed out to us that a friend of theirs has gotten flights for the same price as first class train tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In country flights are a crap shoot as far as affordability. Do NOT book in country flights from the US. Go to a travel agent in Ukraine for that and they are much better in price. They seemed safe to me...we didn't crash, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete