Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Exactly Three Weeks Ago Today...

...I wrote a blog post titled "Paperwork Bottleneck".  In that post I talked about how we had just found out that we had to have our dossier submitted to the SDA by December 1.  Within a few days of that we realized it was actually November 30 that we had to have it submitted.  (I know one day doesn't seem like that big of a deal but it really, really is!)  In that blog post I asked for some pretty specific prayers, that we would receive our state background clearance, that we would get our biometrics appointment, that we could get our I600A expedited and that we could get our dossier to our facilitator in time to have it translated and notarized in country for submission by the November 30 deadline.  Guess what?  ALL of that happened and it has been submitted to the SDA ONE FULL WEEK ahead of the deadline!  Between finally reaching the *right* person at the Georgia Bureau of Investigations for our state clearance, to being able to "walk in" for our biometrics appointment vs. waiting for the appointment date, to speaking to the  *right* agent at the USCIS to have our I600A expedited, to having not one, but two different families traveling to Olga's country hand deliver our documents to our facilitator at the exact times that we needed we have officially made the deadline!  Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers that I know have come from so many different people.  We are truly grateful.  As long as the SDA doesn't find anything wrong with our dossier we should be notified of our invitation to travel right around the same time Olga arrives for Christmas hosting.  We are praying that our SDA appointment is on or just after January 17, 2011.

And now we wait some more!  But at least with this waiting I know we have done everything we can do up to this point.

Thanks so much for following along and providing all of the much needed support that we have received.

S~

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've been listening to Chris Tomlin's "Our God" a LOT lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, I didnt know she was coming for hosting, or maybe I did, but it seemed forever away! Oh my goodness how perfect! And 1//17 is a special day in my life, so I will pray that is your day! That it will be perfectly perfect in his way.
    ACK! Im so excited for y'all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Our girl will be her for 4+ weeks and we are hoping to travel when she returns to Ukraine. I think I'm a little emotional right now--I read your comment and got all weepy.

    Brian~ Great song! I don't usually listen to music in the car but the last few days I've turned it on to our local Contemporary Christian station and have heard that one a time or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We might still be in Ukraine on 1/17/11 ... about ready to bring our kids home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and that song is posted on our blog http://macyadoption.blogspot.com/2010/11/just-waiting.html

    ReplyDelete