Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy Dance Time

I had a good feeling about today.  I got a little exercise in first thing this morning then went to the kids school to do some copying for Rhys' teacher.  Then I went home.  And stayed home.  That doesn't happen a lot.  I just really wanted to be here when the mail came.  The letter carrier came around 12:30.  Guess what she had in her stack of mail for us?  YES!!!  Our I171H has arrived!!!  I made copies, ran to the UPS Store to get the "True Copy" letter notarized and then drove to Atlanta to get the notarization apostilled.  I got all of that done in two hours, and the icing on the cake was that I got it done without getting caught in Atlanta crush hour traffic!  There is a another family traveling for their SDA appointment this weekend so I am overnighting our *FINAL* document to them to hand deliver to our facilitator.  We had our fingerprints taken just six days ago.  I am thinking that has got to be some kind of record for turnaround!  I am so incredibly thankful for all of the prayers that went out on this and to our USCIS agent for going against the "norm" and expediting our I600A.

Now we wait.  As soon as everything is translated (and it might already be except the I171H) it can be submitted to the SDA.  BEFORE the November 30 deadline.  YEEHAW!  (Lots of exclamation points in this blog post!)  By the way, I don't think I ever mentioned that the rest of our dossier that we sent last week made it safe and sound and the facilitator said it looked perfect.  :)

Thanks again for all of the prayers.  We truly feel them and can see them in action.  You all ROCK!

Off I go to do a Happy Dance.  :)

S~

7 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! Happy Dancing with YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ladies! We were so excited to get the letter so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO!! Doin the happy dance with you! Scan the document before you send it over, and email it, so they can translate it and submit it straight away!
    PS Can you comment on my blog with your email address (i wont publish the comment)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I e-mailed the scanned documents last night and my facilitator responded this morning so I know she got them. It's almost unreal to have the dossier done!

    ReplyDelete