Saturday, November 13, 2010

Gold Party Fundraiser Results

I think I can say that the gold party I hosted last night was a success.  Between the 20% check that Southeast Gold Buyers gave me and additional donations from guests we made $650 to help bring Olga home!  Another big step forward in our fundraising!  Big thanks to Helene from SGB and all of my guests who not only brought their own gold but also brought a friends gold to sell!

In other fundraising news, a Bible study small group from our church has offered to cover the remaining cost of Olga's Christmas hosting!  So this means two things: after their donation and our Christmas Tree Fundraiser money comes in we will not owe NHFC anything else and I no longer will be asking for tree sales to benefit our family!  If you are thinking, "Shucks!  I was going to buy a tree!", don't despair!  You can still buy a tree, just select another family for the fundraiser to benefit.  My personal choice would be Melissa Macy as she put quite a bit of legwork into researching and getting this fundraiser set up!  Her family is adopting a brother and sister that they hosted this summer.  Check it out if you are still looking to order a tree for Christmas:  Dutchman Tree Farms Fundraiser  

I did call the USCIS back yesterday regarding our I171H approval letter.  I spoke with our agent and she said that our application has been processed and forwarded to her supervisor for approval.  She indicated that it would move from the supervisors desk to be mailed within 24 hours and we should have it within 7-10 days, probably sooner!  So...if we have received it in the mail by Friday we should be able to have it notarized and apostilled on Monday.  I was told of another family traveling the week of Thanksgiving so if we can get them the form before they leave we should make our dossier submission deadline.  Otherwise, I am seriously considering getting on a plane to Ukraine and taking it myself.  It feels like a sprint to the finish at this point!

Thanks for all of the prayers!  Keep 'em coming!

S~

2 comments:

  1. Hey there - did you ask if they would be willing to UPS/FED EX it to you if you paid the postage costs? My personal opinion is to get it in as fast as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did ask/offer and she wasn't willing to do that. I am going to have confidence that I will have it by weeks end. If I don't have it, then I will call and ask for a fax. I'm wondering if the dossier can't be submitted without the I171H as I have read another blog where it was done. I'll call my agent Monday to ask her a/b that.

    ReplyDelete