Thursday, December 2, 2010

Still Waiting...

We have not heard anything about our SDA appointment, nor do we expect to for at least another week or two. We are just nervously patiently waiting to be notified.

In the meantime we have been busy getting ready for Olga's arrival for the Christmas hosting.  Our oldest girl arrives in 11 days!  Yippee!  When Olga came this summer we had her stay in the "guest room/storage area".  Of course, we got the room pretty much cleaned out before she arrived, but it was still a guest room.  We had a nice futon (chocolate brown color) from IKEA along with a desk and two bookcase/dresser/storage units.  Like I said, nice for a guest room.  Our son really, really wanted the futon in his room so we have played "switch-a-roo" with the bedroom furniture.  Now Olga has a queen sized bed in her room and thanks to a very generous donation marked specifically for Christmas spending I was able to buy a comforter set appropriate for a 15 year old girl.  When I received the donation in the mail I contacted the donor to let them know what I would like to use it for (fixing up Olga's room vs. buying Christmas gifts) and they were very pleased the money could be used in that way.  I explained to them that I had really been wanting to give Olga the kind of bedroom that she has never been able to have, but with all of the other "mandatory" expenses redecorating just wasn't very high on the priority list.  Now we are off to a great start!  I was able to get the comforter set on clearance so there is still quite a bit leftover for new paint (the walls are currently beige and a muted green) and some girly chachka-y things.

Hopefully I will have something exciting to report regarding our SDA appointment before Olga arrives for Christmas.  I will, of course, post our travel dates when I get them!

S~

 

5 comments:

  1. I cant wait for the rest of this story!
    How great that she gets to have her own girly room, the one she's never had. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know as well as anyone how these kids live! The older kids get a little more privacy with only 4 to a room, but your little one probably has more "room mates" than that. And I can't wait to hear the rest of your story, as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, her whole class is in her room, there are about 16 beds? 20 maybe? In 2 straight lines...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine how excited she will be to be with her family again and to have her very own room. I love seeing the updates. Any idea how long it will be before she is "home" for good?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sixteen to twenty beds is even more than I thought! Your little girl isn't going to know what to do with a room of her own!

    Tracy~ Thanks for keeping up with me! She will be here for hosting from Dec 13-Jan 15. We are praying for an SDA (adoption appointment) sometime mid-January, although judging from others timelines I think we are looking at late Jan/early Feb. If we manage to get a mid Jan date we should be home with her late Feb. It takes about 5-6 weeks from the initial SDA appointment before everything is said and done. So an early Feb date gets us home mid-March.

    ReplyDelete