Thursday, December 9, 2010

Another Big Step Forward

I am so excited that I finally get to post this:  We have our travel date!  We received an e-mail from our agent this morning that our first appointment with the SDA is January 31.  We are so excited to finally know when we will be able to go to our beautiful daughter's country to officially begin the adoption process.  Hard to believe that it still isn't official in the eyes of her government that we want to adopt her, yet here we are.  :)

Olga is scheduled to arrive for Christmas hosting in just a few short days.  Four days, to be precise.  She will be here until January 15, 2011.  Jeff and I will spend the two weeks after she leaves getting ourselves ready to travel for an extended period of time.  We are incredibly blessed that my mom has volunteered to take care of our two youngest kids while we are gone.  Okay, she didn't exactly volunteer so much as agree when I told her she would be watching them, but who's keeping track of details like that?

Thanks to everyone for waiting along with us as we waited for word of our travel date.  It won't be long now before I am blogging about our adventures on the other side of the world.  :)

S~

    

5 comments:

  1. Thank you! You know all too well how receiving your travel date seems to make the process even more tangible. Hope all is well with you in your travels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's terrific, Susan! This Christmas will be extra special for your family. Pack WARM clothes, coat with a hood, and sturdy, warm boots -- it's freezing here in Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rebekah! I bought a coat a few weeks ago and I think it will be great. We have had a few days here that have been colder than in Ukraine and my coat has kept me toasty warm. I know February will be even colder so hopefully it will do the trick. Still on the fence regarding the boots I got, but I think they will be good, too.

    I am so thrilled that you and Jenson get to come home tomorrow. I know you miss your youngest children so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Susan! I finally have internet access and enough time to sit and read blogs now! Brian has been hogging the internet card! We arrived in Lugansk this morning, but it felt like I got hit by the train rather than riding in it! :) BLECK and groggy all day. At 5pm, Brian reminded me that I hadn't had coffee since 10am on Saturday. I made a pack of instant, but it wasn't any good, so I added another pack (double shot of espresso??!! :) Still not feeling great, but much better.

    Tonya and Olga called me from Kiev and Olga asked me if I knew her mama! Of course I said yes. The girls were mostly silly and giggled. I think Tonya knows more English as she would say stuff in the backbground for Olga to say to me. After we hung up, I thought I should have talked to her on Spanish because my Spanish is WAY better than my Russian!

    ReplyDelete