Saturday, January 15, 2011

Gone...for now

The fabulous Miss O is on her way back to Ukraine.  She had a pretty rough morning and Jeff described her shift in attitude in two words: Orphanage Attitude.  She was definitely not wanting to leave and things we talked about days and even weeks ago were difficult for her to deal with today.  It was so hard to watch her walk away at the airport.  I cannot begin to imagine how difficult it was for her to have to walk away.  The house seems so empty now.  R & M have been at each other's throats all evening and, well, I'm pretty grumpy, too.  Now I will spend the next two weeks getting ready to travel.

I have spent the last 90 minutes at the computer trying to write this post, and I now realize that my heart just isn't ready to write about Olga's visit.  I realize we are leaving to get our girl in just two short weeks, but my heart is hurting and I can't think.  I miss her already.  I will try to be a little more upbeat and informative in a day or two.

S~

6 comments:

  1. Hang in there. Love all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Des. It is just emotionally draining and we are all a little crabby. I will soon be in a frenzy trying to get ready and my sadness will turn into excitement once again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be praying for you guys and if there is anything we can do to help please don't hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Brian~ You and Melissa have been such a huge help already with all of the insider tips! I will let you know if there is anything you can do for me, and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you all! If you want to send a gift to Snezhana I would be happy to take it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl. My heart hurts for you and with you! I pray the two weeks are filled with busy final details to go get her!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Miss Cindy! You know all too well the heartache of watching your child walk away. Not too much longer and our two EU kids are going to be seeing each other all the time!

    ReplyDelete