Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Routine

I know that it has been a while since I posted.  It is mostly because we have settled into a routine and there isn't really anything new to report.  :)  Alex is bringing home more and more homework which to me says her teachers are beginning to expect a little more from her.  She has a huge project for reading class that is due at the end of the month.  She has to read a book and then re-write it into an illustrated children's novel.  I can't remember how many pages the children's book is supposed to be. The book she chose is not exactly suitable for children, and she doesn't understand most of the 11 out of 278 pages she's read, so this should be interesting.  I am going to buy the book on my Kindle so I can read along with her.

Only a few more weeks of school left.  She has a dance next week at school, but she keeps waffling back and forth on whether she wants to go or not.  She does still get "homesick" for her friends back in Ukraine and I think because of that she is having some difficulty making new friends here.  Hopefully when she begins her Freshman year in the fall she will start to develop friendships here and realize it doesn't mean completely letting go of her friends in Ukraine.

On a completely unrelated note, I am sad to report that my six year old busted the Easter Bunny.  Apparently the Easter Bunny accidentally left a partially filled bag of jelly beans on my dresser and my little girl found them.  She was very quick to put two and two together.  She was actually delighted to know the truth because she realized that it was us giving her all of her wonderful Easter goodies.  Oddly enough, the Tooth Fairy nor Santa came up in the conversation.  I guess I'll tackle the subjects when they come up.

 

5 comments:

  1. Awww, I found out about the Easter bunny when I was 5, and quickly knew right then and there that it was all my parents. My older siblings made me pretend I didnt know for years so they wouldnt get in trouble (honestly, I think my brother still wanted to believe himself LOL!)
    I hope Alex will allow herself to settle with new friends. Its hard, but she has a lot to offer.
    Boy, I cant imagine having to do a project! AG's teacher gave me a heads up on her third grade "Explorer" project and Im already hyperventilating LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *know* that my son, who just turned 9 a week before Easter, knows, but he *refuses* to admit it! He busted Santa in the act last year, but never said a word about it. I think he believes that if he admits it then the "gift well" dries up! My hope right now is that my 6 year old doesn't spoil it for her classmates. You never want to be the mom whose kid ruined the fantasy.

    My 3rd grader has one big project left this year...I will be so glad when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're all settled into your new normal! Maybe I missed it, but I'm still waiting on that post about how/why you chose Alexandria as a name. Now there's something to blog about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the next post topic, Miss Marcie! Love reading your updates and soooo excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete