Thursday, May 5, 2011

Let's Dance!

The Fabulous Miss A had been going back and forth regarding the upcoming 8th grade dance and if she wanted to attend or not.  I mentioned dress shopping to her last night and suddenly she landed squarely on the side of wanting to go.  Funny how that happened.  :)  We power shopped our tailbones off and came home with a dress, shoes, necklace and earrings.  She still needed a shrug as the dress is strapless and I believe, per school dress code, that is not allowed.  I found a perfect little shrug this afternoon with a little help from my mom for $16.  When I got to the register it was on sale for $6!  I love little surprises like that!  Anyway, she looks adorable in her dress and I was thrilled with the length of it.  It hits slightly above her knees as opposed to slightly below her rear end like all the other dresses she tried on.  Yeesh!  And I didn't even have to push her toward that dress...it was her favorite.  Her shoes have a tiny little heel on them and she, ummm...needs a little practice walking in them.  I told her not to worry about it.  I assume that she will most likely wear them into the dance then promptly kick them off like most of the other girls will probably do and dance the night away barefoot.

The dance is a week from tomorrow.  I hope it lives up to whatever her expectations of it might be.

11 comments:

  1. Ahhh ... so sweet ... did Dad's head explode as you thought? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was remarkably calm, actually. I was pretty impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have to wait 8 days for pictures?!?! Im so glad she chose to go! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She might try the whole outfit on before then, but there is no way I'm going to do a trial run on fixing her hair! She wants me to curl it and that takes about an 75 minutes. I thought I would wait on photos until she is all dolled up and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well at least a dress preview, even if its on a hanger! Throw the anxious viewers a bone! ;)
    Have you tried curlers? AG slept in them before Easter... worked well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might need to practice on that hair. Apparently at the orphanage they can make a dress, do hair, do make-up, and be ready for a fashion show in 5minutes... she might have expectations ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Brian~ I've curled her hair several times. It always turns out beautifully, but it is a process as she has so much hair!

    @BN~ I would love to get hot rollers for her, but right now we are stashing aside as much $$$ as possible for an upcoming...project, so the "wanted" and not "needed" purchase will have to wait. Here is a link to a photo of the dress from JCP:

    http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1b16af4&DeptID=71275&CatID=80997&SO=0&Ne=4294957900+5+585+3+11+1031+18+904+833+949&PCatID=71275&NOffset=2&CatTyp=RLE&Dep=JUNIORS&N=4294934853&Pcat=JUNIORS&Cat=PROM+Shop&Nao=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=EXTERNAL|80997

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm...that is an awfully long "link". Oh well, if you copy and paste it still works...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its says "not available" Poo. Thanks for trying. Guess I'll have to be patient.
    I understand about the curlers. We used the foam ones, I think they were $8 at WM. But still, wants and needs... makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poo indeed! I can't find it now, either.

    The foam rollers work well for my six year old. They left Alex' hair a little too poodle-esque. :)

    ReplyDelete