Friday, April 15, 2011

Two days is too many...

Alex continues to go to school and has adjusted well to most things.  Reading and writing in English are a great source of frustration for her, but I know it will just take time.  Her conversational English is pretty darn good at this point.  She mentioned a few days ago that the 8th grade class is taking a two day field trip to Charleston at the end of the month.  I told her to bring home the information for it and we could decide if that was something she could do.  She would never bring the info home so I ended up e-mailing one of her teachers asking for the details.  Finally Alex told me that she didn't want to go.  She said that she had just gotten her family and two days was too long to be away from them.  Yeah, that was definitely a feel good moment!

Also coming up in May is a formal 8th grade dance.  Poor Jeff was disappointed when the answer to his question, "Is this a Daddy/Daughter Dance" was "ummm....no".  I didn't know they did *formal* dances in  8th grade!  Time to take the Fabulous Miss A dress shopping.  *sniff*  This is going way too fast!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully your church does a daddy/daughter dance... my oldest won't go but my youngest and I have a great time.

    It's a good time to correct some things too... like when my 7yr old says... "we'll go to dinner, kiss, and get married"... um, no sweetie. We also had a good talk about what to do with guys that won't open your door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My youngest daughter, who will be 7 in June, would absolutely say something like that, too! On her first day of Kindergarten she asked her brother if he could pretend to be on a date with her on the bus. :) He said no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bittersweet that growing up stuff!

    ReplyDelete