Friday, April 22, 2011

Jeff's head just might explode...

Alex came home and told me there are four different boys at school that plan to ask her to the formal dance next month.  She is off the hook from saying "yes" to any of them, though, as she is not allowed to date yet.  How does she know about the four boys?  Of course there was a different boy in her class that shared that information.  I think he was sent to "feel her out" to see if she was interested in any of these boys.

She's a little embarrassed, I think it's funny (for now) and I'm pretty sure Jeff is going to have heart palpitations.  Can you imagine if I sent the two of them out together to shop for a dress for the formal?  Hmmm...I think I just hatched an evil plan.  :)

Bwaahaahaaahaaaa!!!

3 comments:

  1. Alex speaks English far to well to use the excuse that she can't date until she can communicate verbally with a boy either. I guess the "until you are 30" works though :)

    Glad it doesn't sounds like she is pushing though. So hard to understand why it's important sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Susan the idea of middle school dating is different. they might ask a girl to the dance but you drop her off and pick her up. it is kinda like dating in school only...if that makes any sence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that makes sense. If a boy actually gets up the nerve to ask AND she wants to go as his date then we will discuss the whole date but not a date concept. It doesn't really matter if she has permission to date or not in this case. If she hangs out with the same boy all night at the dance then it's the same thing. But, if she wants an out she has one. That is about as far as I'm willing to budge on it for now, but I know the day is coming!

    ReplyDelete